Monday, October 27, 2008

Mary Poppins & Billy Elliot

Here's a funny bit of trivia for you...

When I lived in London for BETM, all of the Billys lived in the "Billy House," which was chaperoned, of course. One of my chaperones while I was there was an amazing woman named Cherida. Her daughter, Scarlett Strallen, is Broadway's newest Mary Poppins.

Oddly enough, both of us were supposed to open on Broadway on the same day, but because of all the changes I told you about earlier, that date was pushed back, so luckily Cherida got to see my Broadway debut, as well as Scarlett's the next night.

So, there you have it . . . Billy Elliot and Mary Poppins lived under the same roof in London with the same "mum"! Imagine THAT musical?!

Trent

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trent love the updates! Keep them coming!!!