Monday, May 26, 2008

Cool news

A quick update on some cool things ...

Just spoke to my dad. He works in New York City and says that he can tell work is going on inside the Imperial Theatre (future home of BETM). Apparently they're tearing the stage apart to make room for all the sets, like Billy's bedroom. (If you've seen the show, you know what I'm talking about!!)

Second cool thing is I just learned that my friend David who was also an Inishfree step dancer was cast as Michael on Broadway!! (Small world ...right?!)

My mom says she has some pictures of us dancing in the 2005 North American Nationals. If they're not too embarrassing (you know how moms with cameras can be!!), I'll post some later.

Bye!!

Trent

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news that your friend is going to be playing Michael, im sure you'll both have a blast during Express when playing opposite each other : )

"Time to look in the mirrrrror" Bet ya cant keep a straight face lol

John said...

Thanks for sharing all the great news! It must take a lot of work to prepare a theater for a new show, especially one like Billy Elliot where you have all of these things going deep into the ground...

Congratulations to your friend David! It's always a small world, but even more so in the arts world.

I hope the videos are safe to post.

Thank you again for keeping us all up to date!

John

SophiiBaybee-x said...

Aww...that's fantastic news! I remember when i've done panto(pantomime- you don't have it in the USA, well...you might do but my uncle had never heard of it) in the past- i saw all my friends from ballet and it was great! You'll have loads of fun- Congrats to David too! I know what you mean about tearing the stage apart for all the scenery. I love Billy's bedroom, i think it's amazing- the way it's all laid out. Are all your lines and dances the same for Billy on Broadway- or don't you know yet?

Hopefully you'll be able to tell us about the production of it all and keep us informed- especially us over here in England.

Sophii x

Anonymous said...

I just saw billy elliot last night. It was AMAZING!

the whole theatre couldnt stop clapping at the end :)

X